Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Change of Heart?



While I had every intention of immediately starting work on Quilts in Progress to meet January’s NewFO Challenge and got all excited after picking out my fabrics, I guess I must have had a “change of heart!” (pun intended!)  




That is because I was admiring my "Frosty" wall-hanging the other day when it suddenly hit me ….  February is only a few short weeks away and I do not have a Valentine’s quilt to put up when January is over and Frosty comes down!








I have very few walls in my house that do not have windows so quilt space is at a premium, and there is this one little space in my living room that I jealously guard for displaying small wall quilts.  My plan this year is to make a quilt for each month, most of them coming from Kim Schaefer’s Calendar Quilts.  I made Frosty last year and just had the most fun with him! I really didn’t get excited by the February quilt in these patterns though, so I turned to my “To Do” book and saw this little hearts wall-hanging pattern that would fit perfectly!  It is a Jane Spolar design published on the Janome website called "Keep the Heart Truth Growing."

Forgetting everything else in the fever of delight and inspiration, I dove right into my lovely red fabrics, made a huge mess in my sewing room, drew hearts and cut them out, sewed them down…. 

                               and the result is ................ I have the top done!!! 


Isn't it a beauty?  I should be able to sandwich and quilt it within the next few days and have it ready for its new place of honor on February 1.  Whew, that was close!

In order to justify another NewFO when I already have 12 – yes TWELVE!!! – lined up this year, I decided to replace the “Love in Bloom” tablerunner (#8) with this sweet little wall-hanging.  Works for me!

This is one of the things I love about quilting being my hobby instead of a job.  I can set up goals and organization tools so that I’m not floundering around chasing my tail, but when the inspiration bug strikes I can be flexible and work on what makes me happy! 

Yes indeed!  I thoroughly ENJOYED working on this little quilt!  And I will ENJOY Frosty while January hangs around too!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

9 comments:

  1. What fun red hearts! I have a similar space for small quilts in my house but am still working toward one per season, not even close to one per month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, your new heart wall hanging is gorgeous! What a stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The reds are so vibrant and this will be a wonderful wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your heart project! And thanks for the link to the pattern...I'd love to put it on my "to-do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice heart wall hanging. It has turned out great. Yes get it quilted and on the wall for Feb 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little hearts - makes a wonderful wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this wall hanging. Thanks for putting the link up there. It turned out so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute wall hanging. Love it.. Love red :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...