Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Stash Report – Week #5

Yep, I did it!  I went into the RED this week!  But I have a very good excuse, honestly I do!!!

First, let's start with what I used this week.  Not much!!!  I worked on a lot of projects while at retreat, but only finished the top for one - my March Calendar Quilt.  It took about 1.5 yards total.

So, what did I purchase?  Well, while on the way to retreat, we stopped at our usual quilt shop, only to find a sign in the window – “Going out of Business Sale!”  Oh no!!!!  We were devastated to see yet another shop going out of business.  But we are also no fools, so we hurried inside and took full advantage of the special deals =^..^=

I bought these fabrics at 60% off – most of them were $8.95 regularly, so less than $4 a yard!  I got 1 yard cuts of all of these great stash fillers .....




And look - batiks too!


I finished off the bolt of this - about 1.5 yards.  It's a much darker red than this, not even pink at all.


And then these were in the remnant basket, and I felt sorry for them, so.....

All in all, I was very happy with my purchases.  As I stated at the beginning of the year, I don't want to deplete my stash, just move it around regularly, adding new things in and moving the old things out.  And I want to have a better idea of how I'm doing at that.

In addition to fabric, all their threads were 50% off!  I got these wonderful King Tut variegated threads which I just love for quilting and buttonhole applique - $4 a spool!!!!


And then I got these amazing metallics in all different colors.  They ended up being about $2 a spool.  Aren't they pretty?  Yes, I was a very happy camper indeed!  Good thing I don't have to report thread purchases in my Stash Report huh?!?



So my Stash Report for this week is:

Used this week: 1.5 yards
Used YTD 2012:  18.75 yards
Added this week: 12.0 yards
Added YTD 2012:  21.0 yards
Net Used for 2012:  -2.25 yards

To see how others are busting/using their stash, click here to go to Patchwork Times.

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

6 comments:

  1. No way can you pass up such a great deal. You will be able to reverse those numbers quickly. What quilt shop is closing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one could pass up a sale like that...too bad they are going out of business...so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually did these fabrics a favor by giving them a good home where they'll be safe until used in a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great deals!!! And your numbers are not too bad - you have a lot of time to get em down - good decisions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buys! We had 2 new shops open in our area in the past year but I wonder how long we can support so many shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great deals but so sad that another business won't be continuing. Jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...