Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Something New for Hudson!

Remember our little grandson, Hudson?  Here he is, feeling so much better and happily smiling at one and all once again. He asked me to thank you all again for all your prayers!!! =^..^=
Recently, his mom asked me to make him some pacifier keepers for the type of pacifier he uses. These do not have a handle, so you can’t use the standard keepers on the market.  


So, I am making some TOTALLY cute little pacifier keepers for him!  These keepers have a ribbon that can be threaded through a little hole on the side of it.


Aren't these ribbons just adorable for our little man?



I think he is going to like Grandma a LOT for making these, don’t you?


I’m using a tutorial we found at My Crafty Side blog. I used these suspender clips from Joann's which come two in a package for about $3.



Tracie’s tutorial is very easy to understand and follow, and I had a couple keepers made in no time at all!  I mean it - in just a few minutes literally!!!  

Hudson is going to love these happy little monkeys!!!



The only thing I would add to her tutorial is that I used my glue stick to hold the narrow ribbon edges in place so I could stitch it together.  
Before I did that I struggled a lot trying to keep the two pieces directly on top of each other and steady under the foot so I could stitch it.


If you’ve got a little one, you may want to jump over HERE and make a few for your little special someone! :*D


Are you trying out anything new for you? Go to TNT Thursday HERE to see what others are also trying out!


Before I end this post, I decided to try to get a few better shots of the April Calendar quilt to share. It’s just amazing what a little sunshine can do, right? =^..^=  Here it is already hanging in its place of honor on the family room wall.....




Here is a closeup of the wonderful black print for that cute little umbrella with the happy gold spikes….


And the little galoshes are just adorable with their snappy little straps and red heart buttons….





Okay, that’s it! I promise to not post anymore photos of April. Now I’ll start on MAY! :*)


Enjoy your day everyone! I’m sewing as I watch the Masters Tournament… yes I love golf and my husband just happens to be there today! Maybe I’ll catch a glimpse of him out there…


Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=


Linking up with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop! at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, FAFF at Sew Many Ways, Try it on Tuesdays at Jo's Country Junction, and LAFF at Richard Quilts.


Also linking up with Such a Sew and Sew for A Stitch in Time April Finishes - 
Click here to Go!

19 comments:

  1. Hudson is a charmer!
    I love your April quilt--so sunshiney and happy! Can't wait to see the May Flowers! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Hudson can get Grandma to do just about anything for him when he flashes that cute little smile! Being a Grandma is the BEST!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Hudson certainly looks very happy, what a sweet picture!! LOVE your April calendar! Those heart buttons on the boots are just way too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore that April block. So colorful and happy! Hudson is a cutie!!! I love the binky holders, great idea! I bought them when my kids were little but I like your ribbons so much better than I ever had for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie pie! And those pacifier keepers are such a great idea. And your April block/quilt is adorable. And I enjoy watching golf although I've never tried it. Think I'll go zone out in front of the t.v. for a bit. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hudson is such a sweetie and those pacifier keepers are wonderful! Love your April quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linked over from RichardQuilts. I enjoyed looking at your pacifier keepers, and the finish of April's calendar block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your April calendar block is gorgeous. I would hate to put it away at month's end if it were mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hudson is so cute! Love the rest of your pictures also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hudson is so cute! Love the rest of your pictures also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your April calendar!!!! And what a sweetie-pie Hudson is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the pacifier keepers, Teresa! Sooo cute. And that April quilt with it's umbrella and galoshes with the straps (AND the hello kitty trim!) is beyond adorable. LOVE it. Happy Easter! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those little pacifier keepers!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hudson looks very happy these days. Thank goodness. He has one smart grandma too. Those are darling little binkie holders too. What fun little ones are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy that Hudson is feeling much better and I think his smile is going to get him everything he wants from Grandma! ;D
    I just love your April Calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hudson is just so cute! And what a clever idea those binkie holders are!

    Now, about that April quilt. Shazam! I love, love, love it. Everything about it. They way the border blends so beautifully from one color to the next, the pretty black fabric of the umbrella, the sassy little rain boots, the tulips. Everything. Congratulations on a beautiful finish and thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is sooooooooooooooooo adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for linking up last week. Love the pacifier holder would come in handy for Julia as we keep losing her binki lol.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
    http://juliadawnhealey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would love to buy some of your work
    Do you sell any of the ready made ones ?
    I am not crafty but love this sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...