Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

On The Needles - 4-4-14

I'm making some good progress on the Swing Cowl.  It seems the designer is now calling it the Wavy Cowl, but it will always be the Swing Cowl to me :)  I think I am a little more than halfway done ....



Pardon the quality of this picture please!  That muddy "browny" color in the middle is actually a plum-purple.  I had hoped to take a good picture in the light this morning, but it is not so light here.... stormy and rainy and dark.  Just yesterday, Gypsy and I sat out on the side porch and enjoyed the lovely spring sunshine....


Ahhhhhhh....... There's a reason for that old expression, "Like a breath of fresh air!"  It is heavenly to have the warmth and sunshine back after the bitter cold of this past winter.  I know some of you still have cold temps and even snow - UGH!!!  I am glad to have my faithful friend to sit with me in the mornings again this spring.  This is one of our favorites things to do together!  I am sad to realize it will probably be her last considering the way her health has been failing this past year.  She'll be 18 in August, and she's had a wonderful life, so we really can't complain, can we?

I also got a good bit done on my current pair of socks while at Guild this week...


It always makes me smile to think about how much the first stage of these two-at-a-time socks on the magic loop look like knitted bra cups LOL!!!!  I tried to start these at the same place in the color strata, but as you can see, they are each taking on a life of their own :*)  I don't mind at all - I think it makes them more beautiful!!!

Sharing with others who love to play with needles at Judy's Patchwork Times today!

Have a lovely weekend my friends!!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

13 comments:

  1. Love the Swing cowl and want to make one soon. Your socks look great but the green grass looks really great! Watching a pet age and knowing what's coming is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your sock yarn! Or should I say "Bra cup" yarn?? :D Your shawl is coming together beautifully, too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - I was thinking bra, too Ramona! Just love the Swing Cowl - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cowl is so pretty. You are really making progress on it.

    A knitted bra??? Hmm..that's an interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cowl, looks so pretty.
    Gypsy is even prettier. We have a 16 year old cat, Topaz, so I know exactly what you are talking about.
    Your lawn is certainly ahead of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty rainbow in your cowl! I can always count on a good dose of color here, and I love it!
    Looks like a lovely place to spend your mornings. Still to chilly in the morning to do that here. Always a coating of frost, still!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cowl is beautiful!! Sitting out on the porch, oh how nice. I just took the dog out and there were a couple of snowflakes. I want to come sit on your porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cowl - I have that pattern bookmarked on Ravelry. The socks will be great - just go with the flow. Oh I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can sit on my porch knit - it is going to be grand. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cowl Teresa. I can't wait to see it finished and how it looks on you. The socks are looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've made great progress on your Swing Cowl. Lovely. Ha ha your "knitted bra cups are such a beautiful color. Hope you have enough yarn left to make a matching bottom!! Can't wait to try bottom up socks-now I will think of you everytime I made them that way.!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait until it's warm enough here to sit out on the deck in the morning. Although I won't have a feline (or canine) companion. Your swing cowl is really coming together and looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We knew that it was probably the last year for our old dog, so, we made the best of it for her. We didn't have any regrets when she passed away. Doesn't mean we don't still miss her. Enjoy your kitty while you can and make more happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cowl! Is that the same kitty that rides in the car? She's a pretty one, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...